Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fresh-Brewed Life

I was excited to read this book as I like a good cup of coffee and a good book; however, this book was not as good as I had hoped. I am not sure why I did not enjoy this book. There were some interesting chapters and neat word illustrations, but the writing was not fluid. I guess it just was not my cup of tea (pun intended).

I can say that this is the kind of book you need to take your time reading. There was a lot of food for thought (too many puns). The author touches on all parts of our life including spiritual, emotional, physical, and mental. Nothing was off limits.

Journaling was highly encouraged throughout the book. I have journaled for years, but often need a little extra encouragement which this book gave me.

Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

2 comments:

  1. Seems that great minds think alike! LOL!
    I agree with you Diane. I've been a little disappointed with the books lately. Too many of them seem extraordinary on the surface . . . they end up being a great let down. It's like going to a movie and realizing you saw all the "good" parts on the commercials. The books' cover, subtitle, backmatter, etc. are brilliant . . . but it's about the extent to what you get. Maybe you agree? Of course, every once in a while you get a really good one . . . and you savor it. (pun intended! HA)
    Blessings to you!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we do have great minds! It seems there have been a lot of books this summer but not a lot of good books. Makes you wonder how some people get published so easily and others struggle to get a book published. Sometimes after reading a book, I think to myself, "I could have written a book better than this."

    ReplyDelete