Saturday, August 27, 2011

Espresso For Your Spirit

I am not sure why Multnomah offered me a book to review that was published in 1999. Usually I review newly published books, but I am glad I got to read this book. It was thoroughly enjoyable.

This little book is much like a cup of espresso...small but packs a lot of punch. There were stories that made me laugh and some that made me cry, but all of it touched my heart deeply. We moms love our children fiercely, but I often forget that God loves my children more than I can imagine. This book is a great reminder that God is with us and not against us as we raise our children in this world.

One chapter in particular hit me hard this morning as I read chapter 19, "Lie Down in Your Soul." I often let my exhaustion prevent me from listening to my children during that calm, quiet pre-bed time. They usually have something to tell me, but I'm too tired to hear it. This book reminds me that I need to listen no matter how tired I am. God will give me the rest I need.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment