Friday, August 12, 2011

Cherished

Forgiveness...that was the theme of this story. I am challenged to forgive like the characters of this story. They learn to forgive each other and themselves so that they can be a part of God's redeeming work. It was inspiring.

With forgiveness as being the central theme, the storyline was about a rapper and a songwriter joining forces to write and produce music. Unfortunately, these people have a history and no amount of ignoring it will make the pain go away. They had to face the truth, deal with the pain, seek and accept forgiveness, and then watch with wonder how God blesses them.

Admittedly, there were a lot of characters to keep track of. There was so much backstory to each characters that I wondered if this book was actually part of a series. Nothing on the cover said that it is part of a series or even a sequel, but Faithful, a previously published book by Kim Cash Tate has many of the same characters. I guess you can read this book as a stand alone as long as you don't mind keeping up with the variety of characters and their stories.



Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane,

    My name is Lindsay Tully and I work in Publicity at Crossway, a Christian publishing company. There is a book I would be interested in sending you for possible review. If this sounds like something you would like to do, please contact me at: ltully@crossway.org. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete