Friday, July 8, 2011

When the Hurt Runs Deep

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review. I say this up front so that I can admit that I did not read this book during a hurtful time in my life. I read this book to review but not because I have not experienced anything so painful that I needed healing right now. That being said, this book is a balm to a hurting soul. This book overflows with truth and shines light into dark places. The words in this book bring hope and healing.

Kay Arthur is one my favorite Bible study teachers. Even in this book, she points us to passages and suggests we dig deeper and know God more through study of His Word. I am inspired to reep all that I can from a better understanding of His Word.

If I were to read this book again, which I probably will when I need it, I will read it with a highlighter and pencil nearby. There is so much to understand and absorb, yet all of it is a blessing. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is going through a tough time or knows anyone in need of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment