Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sweet Santuary

"I tell myself no new books, but then someone at the library recommends something or I come across a little gem...I'm hopeless with the allure of a good story."

Those are not my words but the admission of Wren, the protagonist of the story. I wholeheartedly agree with her which is why I read this book as I am intrigued by the allure of a good story. I also related to Wren as a mother and her worries as she raises her son. Like her, I stuff my feelings and try to avoid confrontation. But the past comes back, and she has to face her feelings and the truth.

I enjoyed this book and was glad that I had time to just sit and savor the story. I was annoyed at the beginning that there was this problem from the past that Wren had buried, but the reader did not know what this problem was. As the truth came out, so many things made more sense, but I guess that is why the reader was not given all the information up front. I was satisfied with the ending and noticed that there was a potential for a sequel without leaving too many loose ends.


Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment