Friday, July 15, 2011

Learning

Karen Kingsbury has done it again...created a book with a cast of characters that we just have to read about. It is like one long soap opera, and we can't miss a day. Each one of these books is just another chapter in the story that started way back with the Redemption Series. 20 books later, and I am still reading.

Bailey Flanigan has a charmed life, and making it on Broadway is just another part of her uber-wonderful life. Her dilemma is whether to pursue a relationship with the boy from her past or the man in her present. It is a hard decision for her. As the reader, I am jealous to have that choice to make. Who gets to make a movie, dance on Broadway, and be pursued by a Hollywood heartthrob? Not me in my suburban mom life driving a minivan and clipping coupons. I guess that is why I continue to read these books so that I can escape my normal everyday life and live a fantasy world.

I have come to the conclusion that these fiction books are as much a fairy tale as Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. They are easy to read and predictable, but like ice cream, I keep coming back for more.

Zondervan has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment