Friday, July 22, 2011

Don't Check Your Brains at the Door


I grew up in the era of apologetics. Josh McDowell's "More Than a Carpenter" revolutionized Christian faith. I was a product of that generation. I was a teenager when "Don't Leave Your Brains at the Door" was first published. Fast forward 20 years, and I have an almost teenager in my house, and I am glad to have this updated version to share with him.

The book summarizes a basic understanding of God, Jesus, the Holy Sprit, and the Bible. By disproving many myths, the authors prove that what the world thinks does not often line up with Scripture. Ideas like "Jesus was just a good teacher" and the "Bible was just a good book" are challenged. This is a great book for teenagers as it identifies things they might have heard but do not really understand.

What I like about this book is that the chapters are short and easy to understand. Questions at the end of each chapter challenge readers to go further in their understanding of truth. This is a great book for any believer but especially for teenagers as they go deeper in their understanding of God.

Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment