Saturday, July 23, 2011

Dinner With a Perfect Stranger

Even though the book is easy to read, it is not a simple book.

In response to an unusual invitation, Nick Cominsky meets Jesus for dinner. Nick really doesn't think it's the real Jesus, and even the reader is unsure; however, by the end of the meal.... Well, you need to read the book to figure it out for yourself.

This is a read-it-in-one-night kind of book. I'd even suggest reading it while sitting in a recliner with a glass of wine. Why not? The Jesus character drank a glass of wine with his dinner.

I would not recommend this book as an alternative to reading the gospel accounts of Jesus. Instead, this is an interesting perspective of what might transpire if you could have a meal with Jesus. The book also reminds me of The Shack, another fictitious encounter with God, but I think I might even like this book better. The truths are more in line with Scripture and the personification of Jesus is less dramatic.

Disclaimer: I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment