Thursday, July 28, 2011

Courageous

The Kendrick brothers did it again....create a dramatic story that points us to God and inspires us to live for Him. Together, with help from Randy Alcorn who wrote this book from the screenplay, they have created not just an entertaining story but an inspiring story.

In Fireproof, the story was about the marriage relationship. In Courageous, it is about the relationship of a father and child. It is not just about being a good father but a Godly father. Each character in this story is challenged to be a better father. Each challenge is unique so everyone can relate specifically to someone in the story.

I have been inspired and challenged by this story as well as all the stories that the Kendrick brothers have created. They have a gift and are using it to points others to Christ.

I am looking forward to watching the movie when it comes out on September 30th, but I always prefer to read the book first. Most often, the book is always better.

Tyndale House has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review, and this has been my favorite book from Tyndale House that I have had a chance to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment