Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Blessing

I will admit that I was only 12 years old when The Blessing was first published. I am glad to have read this book now to become a blessing to those I love. This book is an enduring truth that will be just as applicable to people 25 years from now as it was 25 years ago.

It will not spoil the book to state the 5 parts of the blessing.
1. Meaningful and appropriate touch.
2. A spoken message.
3. Attaching high value to the one being blessed.
4. Picturing a special future for him/her.
5. An active commitment to fulfill the blessing.

I would highly recommend buying this book and reading it with a highlighter. The book provides the details on how to make the blessing a part of your life. I appreciate the specific steps that are laid out in the book to help those of us (me especially) who need concrete steps.

The authors also provide many real life examples of how the blessing has blessed the lives of many hurting people. The book inspires us to be a blessing to others whether or not we have received the blessing. The interesting thing is that once we bless others, we find that we become blessed.

Thomas Nelson has provided this book free to me in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment