Monday, June 13, 2011

A Vision of Lucy

I am not an avid reader of historical fiction, but this book was nice. It was neither exciting nor dull and makes a decent summer read.

The story is of Lucy, a young lady, who is pursuing a career in photography in a small town. The story is also of David who is trying to redeem his past. Their lives converge and sparks fly. It is a common theme in fiction, but charming nonetheless.

I did find some of the story lacking. It was about 50 pages too long as the storyline dragged on without an significant progress in character development. Also, the end was a little unsatisfying. It ended the way I had anticipated without any big ordeal or revelation. Like I said, it was nice but not exciting.

This book is part of the Rocky Creek Romance series; however, I did not need to read the 2 previous books to enjoy this book. It is as much a stand- alone book as it is a part of the series.

Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment