Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sir Rowan and the Camerian Conquest

Since this is the first book I have read from the "Knights of Arrethtrae" series, I can comment solely on this book.

This story incorporates Biblical concepts such as the Prince (Jesus), the Dark Knight (Satan), and the Kingdom across the Sea (heaven). In addition these concepts, there is also the quest for worldly gain which only leads to emptiness; the choice to fight for truth; pride leading to desctruction; and the redemption grace of God. There are other Biblical elements weaved into the storyline, but I really don't want to give anything away.

This book was reminiscent of Star Wars, Narnia, and Indiana Jones with the classic good vs. evil theme. It was exciting and action packed with a little bit of romance thrown in for good measure.

I have notice a lack of good books for teenage boys. My son does not want to read about vampires or zombies or teenage girls in traveling pants. This book, and this series, will be a great option for teenagers. I am grateful to Chuck Black for writing books for young men that encourage them to become men of valor.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment