Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Final Hour

The final book in the Homelanders series arrived today. My son grabbed the book, and 3 hours later, handed it back to me saying, "Great book. You should read it." So I did, and he was right. It is a great book.

It had been a while since I read The Truth of the Matter, and I had forgotten some of the backstory. Andrew Klaven does a good job weaving into the story flashbacks to remind the reader what had already transpired up to now. Charlie West, the main character, is still trying to stop the Homelanders from terrorizing the country. Even when he thinks he is alone, he remembers that he is never alone. Help arrives in the nick of time, and well, you just have to read the book to see if he is able to stop the Homelanders from the Great Death.

What I like about these books is that they are action packed, full of energy, and keep you interested. There is some violence but not gory details. The Christian influence is subtle but necessary to the storyline. It is one thing to have a hero, but another thing to have a hero that is seeking God to do what is right. Charlie West is that kind of hero.

Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment