Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Ambition

What a great book! I have read previous non-fiction books by Lee Strobel and enjoyed them. This first time fiction from him is a great read with suspense, action, and drama.

The backdrop is a newer mega-church in Chicago with its founding pastor, Eric Snow, having to make a life changing decision. Would becoming a U.S. Senator give him the opportunity to affect change on a larger platform? The problem is that other things happen that might affect his decision. These things included dissension within the church, people being murdered, journalists trying to dig up dirt. It was great fun to read.

I highly recommend this book as well as any other future books. I will admit the book does leave a few loose threads that hint at another book. I will certainly look forward to reading what happens next.

Zondervan has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow . . . Strobel writing a fiction book . . . I hadn't heard! Thank you for this review . . . I'm going to check it out! Blessings to you Diane!!!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was surprised, too. Surprised that he wrote fiction and that I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete