Saturday, May 21, 2011

Weird

Being a Christian in today's culture is not easy; however, when we are trying so hard to fit in we find ourselves looking no different than our unbelieving counterparts. We are suppose to be different; we are suppose to be weird. Craig Groeschel reminds us that we are not suppose to be normal if we call ourselves Christians.

I will warn you that if you read this book, you will have to step out of your comfort zone. I know I did. I like being a comfortable Christian without having to struggle, but that means I am lukewarm which is not where I need to be.

I even made a "do don't" list. It is not a "to do" list, but instead Craig challenges us to let go of things, good things, to receive something better. He tells us, "It's time to create a margin in which you can not only focus on your true priorities but also simply breathe and being to enjoy life again." Why are we so busy creating a good life which we never stop to enjoy? This book is a great reminder that God did not intend for us to be so busy that we miss His presence in our life. We just need take the time to savor His goodness, and I intend to do just that.

Zondervan has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane! I've read another book by Groeschel and liked it. I saw this one and wondered if it would be good! Thank you for the review . . . sounds like I need to read it! ;)
    Blessings,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete