Sunday, May 1, 2011

unPlanned (DVD)

I had wanted to read unPlanned but was not able to get the book when it was available from Tyndale. Instead, I got the opportunity to view the DVD.

The story is amazing. Abby Johnson who first volunteered and eventually worked her way up the corporate ladder to run a Planned Parenthood center, tells her amazing story. After a change of heart, she jumped the fence and began to work for The Coalition for Life center down the street. Watch the trailer here.

I grew up at the same time as she did and realized that if not for the grace of God go I. She just wanted to be a part of something bigger than herself and believed the rhetoric. I grew up thinking that I could be pro-life and pro-choice, but that is just not possible, and Abby is an example of someone who thought she could straddle the fence until truth hit her square in the face.

There was something about the DVD that bothered me. The background music was constant and sometimes too loud. It became foreground music and distracted from the narration.

If you are interested in the free webcast featuring Abby Johnson that will benefit pregnancy care organizations clip here and sign up to participate in the webcast on May 17th at 8PM.



Tyndale has provided me with a free copy of this DVD in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment