Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Too Rich for a Bride

I am not sure I liked this book. It was not all bad but not all good either. Initially, there were so many characters introduced that I had a hard time keeping up with who was who and how they were related. I think it would have helped if I had read Two Brides Too Many first. Once I figured out who all the characters were, I was still having trouble with the story line. The story stuttered with action and dialogue.

The story is about Ida Sinclair as she moves out west to pursue her dream of becoming a business woman in a male-dominated society. She encounters some obstacles that she swiftly overcomes and learns from her mistakes. She is also pursued by 2 men even though she is not looking for a husband. As a matter of fact, the title seems out of place as the story is more about Ida finding out who she is and not about finding a husband.

I wanted to understand better what was happening, but often decisions were made without much description as to why. Then other decisions were dragged out for no apparent reason. There was too much description of things such as the mountains or what a certain character was wearing. Then there was not enough description of what a character was thinking. I just felt like the book had too much and not enough all at the same time. Too much about background information and not enough about the characters themselves.


I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the honest review! Have a good week. :O)

    ReplyDelete