Wednesday, May 11, 2011

MacArthur: America's General

I enjoy history, but to be honest, I have a hard time reading it. Even though this was unnatural for me, I enjoyed reading this biography. MacArthur is a fascinating American icon, and I learned so much about his life that I just never knew.

The book starts with the backstory. MacArthur's father, Arthur MacArthur, was a highly decorated Lieutenant General with a successful military career. Douglas MacArtur idolize his father and spent his career trying to emulate his idol. MacArthur's life was spent serving the county, but he was also a flawed man.

Even though there are movies which depict the life story of MacArthur, Hollywood does not always tell the truth. This story does tell the whole truth, and his life is more fascinating than any movie. The book is not long, and I am sure a lot of details were left out. However, the book does a great job of telling the life story of a great American soldier.


Thomas Nelson has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for this review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment