Monday, May 23, 2011

The Dopple Ganger Chronicles: The Great Mogul Diamond

I was glad to read another book in the juvenille fiction genre. It was interesting to read this cross between a chapter book and a graphic novel. I can see how this would be a good book for a boy who is able to read chapter books but is not interested in some of the options that are available.

Since I have not read the first two books in this series, I had a hard time understanding the characters and their backgrounds. I had to quickly catch up with their backstory while at the same time keep up with the action from this story. I think I would have enjoyed the book more if I had read the previous books; however, that is not to say that I did not enjoy this book. On the contrary, it was an interesting book which kept my attention throughout.

The story is about a boy and 2 girls who find themselves in the middle of a mystery. They are as integral as the adults in the book at solving the mystery. It is fast-paced and action packed. I would classify the book as action and suspense with Biblical overtones.

I received this book from Tyndale in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment