Monday, May 2, 2011

The Chocolate Diaries is meant to be savored

Much like chocolate is bittersweet, so is life. Karen Linamen reminds us that we cannot enjoy the sweet taste of chocolate, and of life, without experiencing some of the not-so-sweet moments. Ever eat a spoonful of cocoa? Yuck! But cocoa is the basis for chocolate.

The book will make you laugh and cry and sometimes both at the same time. I can relate to much of what Karen said and know that what she is writing comes from true life experience. Unfortunately, some of the best lessons in life are learned during tough times. Yet, what we learn through those tough times are often blessings in disguise.

With just 208 pages, this could be an easy read. To really process and appreciate this book, you need to savor it, much eating chocolate. Yes, I can put a hand full of M&M's in my mouth all at once, but it is more enjoyable to savor each one. Now, reading this book with a handful of chocolate is an even better idea!

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review. I freely give my opinions in this review.

1 comment:

  1. Diane! Thank you so much for reading my book "The Chocolate Diaries" and sharing your thoughts. I loved your analogy about savoring the M&M's rather than eating the whole handful at once! :) Blessings to you as you continue to encourage women with your wonderful blog.

    Hugs,

    Karen Linamen
    Humorous Inspirational Speaker
    for Women

    ReplyDelete