Saturday, April 23, 2011

Nick of Time

This was the first book I ever read by Tim Downs, but it will not be my last. I thoroughly enjoyed Nick of Time as I followed the story of Nick Polchak, expert entomologist, as he solves another cold case. Nick's character is a cross between Abby in NCIS and Dr. Brennan in Bones. He is brilliant and focused but often at the detriment of his personal relationship such as the one with his new fiance, Alena.

There was never a dull moment in the story. I rarely stopped reading when I got to the end of the chapter but kept reading until I had to stop because dinner was ready, the light turned green, etc. I am trying to say this was a page-turner without using that old cliche. I guess it's too late. Anyhow, it was a fun book to read.

I so did not expect the ending. I actually said "Drat!" when I finished reading.

Thomas Nelson provides me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment