Monday, April 18, 2011

Max on Life

Unlike previous books, this new Max Lucado book is in a question and answer format. Max answers 172 questions about hope, hurt, help, him/her, home, haves/have-nots, and hereafter. Some of his answers are excerpts from previous writings while others are newly published. All are pure Max-ism helping us to see God in truth and in love.

I have enjoyed reading anything Max has written over the years, and this book does not disappoint. It is easy to read yet often hard to internalize. For example, forgiveness is a simple concept to understand but a very challenging one to put into practice. Max does not trivialize forgiveness nor does he let us off the hook. He challenges the reader but in a way that you really want to be a better person.

You can take your time reading and reflecting on each chapter trying to really comprehend all that God is (kind, compassionate, loving, forgiving, etc.). It is a great book and one I will share with many of my friends.

Thomas Nelson has provided me with a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it! I love Max's writing style, and I really liked the Q&A format of this one.

    ReplyDelete