Saturday, April 30, 2011

Leaving

Leaving is the first book in the "Bailey Flanigan Series"; however, it really is the 19th book in the series that started with Redemption 10 years ago. I have been reading these books since the beginning as well as all the other stand alone books by Karen Kingsbury.

This work of fiction is not much different than any of its predecessors. It was neither exciting nor was it boring. It was much like all that I have read from this author. There is drama, dilemma, and decision, and I think I may have stumbled about the titles for her next series.

Throughout the book, Bailey is struggling with her relationship, or lack thereof, with Cody. He has not called her since January since she told him "I love you." He loves her, too, but feels the need to distance himself. The storyline is of Bailey waiting for Cody and Cody conflicted about not contacting Bailey. Since the next 2 books in this series (Learning and Longing) are due out this year, I already knew that Bailey and Cody would not be together at the end of the book. So I read hoping for some sort of dramatic event that separates them. Instead, nothing really happens other than normal life.

The Baxter family are still a major part of these books. Ashley and Landon have a pretty big storyline in this book, but there is no conclusion to their story either. I am not enjoying these books like I once was. They are nice and sweet, but I guess I can only take so much saccharin sweet before I need something with substance.


Zondervan has provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my review which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment