Monday, April 4, 2011

Heart of Ice

This is my 100th post! Yippee! I am so glad it was for a book I liked, too.

This is the third book in the Triple Threat series by new author Lis Weihl. I read her first book when it came out and was pleasantly surprised. Since then, I have been looking forward to each new book she writes.

In Heart of Ice, we read about Nicole, Cassidy, and Allison and their quest to get the bad guy, or in this story, the bad girl, Elizabeth. This bad girl is a character that we love to hate. She is manipulative, selfish, greedy, and downright mean.

What I like about these books is that the drama and suspense is not mired by excessive violence and smut. There is some violence as there is a murder to solve but even then it is not gruesome. There were some unexpected twists which I liked. All too often, I can predict the end of the book but not this one.

This book will not stay on my bookshelf long as I have friends who have been wanting to read it, too. Maybe I should just make them buy their own copy?

To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment