Monday, April 11, 2011

The Final Summit

I did not like this book. I tried like it, but it was not my cup of tea. It was downright unimaginative.

David Ponder, the main character from The Traveler's Gift, returns. He is taken to a summit where he, along with many pivotal people from history, must save the world by coming up a 2 word phrase. Together, they discuss and ponder (pun intended) what the phrase could be. They have 7 chances to get it right. After each incorrect guess, a new traveler is added to the discussion.

So what bored me about the book is that there was a whole lot of talk but not much action. The story is the discussion of a 2 word phrase. It got so boring, that I just skipped to the end of the chapter to see what the phrase will be. I also knew that it would take all 7 chances before they got it right, but even then the final 2 word phrase was trite and uninspiring.

Thomas Nelson provides me with a free copy of this book for my review which I freely give.

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree with you more! I think I could write a book on how terrible this book was! It makes me wonder . . . are those who like Andrew's writings really that shallow??? I just don't get it. I'm guessing you agree!
    Have a blessed week!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question, I just signed up with BookSneeze. So I request a book to read. Then I post a review on my blog, then where else?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Cherie, I agree wholeheartedly.

    @ Misty, Post on your blog and then any other online retailer such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christian Book, etc. And welcome to BookSneeze!

    ReplyDelete