Saturday, March 12, 2011

Scars of a Chef

I was pleased to see that an autobiographical book about a chef contains a few of his favorite recipes. I am especially excited to try the Lemon Ricotta Breakfast Bruschetta. However, this was not a cookbook. I was a life book, and the life of a man who has been through a lot and found help in the One who can redeem all. Rick's story is inspiring.

I know very little about the restaurant industry, so this book was eye opening. I did not realize how demanding it is and how stressful a restaurant kitchen can be. Then again, I can become very demanding when I cook so maybe it is inherent to cooking.

The only problem I had while reading this book is that I got very hungry. The description of some of the dishes he prepared made my mouth water, and I wanted to be home in my Nonni's kitchen eating her Italian food. Oh, for a cannoli right now..mmmm.

Tyndale House provided me a free copy of this book in exchange for my opinion which I freely give.

No comments:

Post a Comment