Friday, March 11, 2011

Eat Your Peas Faithfully

Since I was able to download this book in ebook form, I was able to quickly read it and review it, and I'm so glad I did. I loved it! It is a great reminder to all of us that God loves us and cares so intimately for us.

This is a great book to have by your bed, your computer, or your desk to remind us that no matter how much life changes, God's love for us never changes. So simple yet so profound. The other editions are great gifts especially during this spring season of Easter, Mother's Day, graduations, and birthdays.

My favorite line is from page 30, "Although it seems hard to believe, sometimes not getting what you want can be a blessing in disguise." I know I will pitch a fit when things don't not go my way or the way I think they should go. Then when all is said and done, and I can reflect on what happened, I realize that God really did have a better way. Maybe if I remember this next time I don't get what I want, I will be excited, not mad, to see what God has planned.

I am so grateful to Thomas Nelson who has provided me a free copy of this book to review in which I freely state my own opinion.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book . . . I'm going to have to see if I can download it! :)
    Blessings,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got it before it was gone. I also ordered Eat Your Peas Daughter in hardcopy to share with my little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, missed it. :/ Going to get another ancient practices . . . haven't been thrilled with many of them . . . liked "In Constant Prayer." So we'll see! :)
    Blessings,
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete