Friday, January 28, 2011

Save the Date

Another foray into the chick-lit genre. This book was enjoyable to read and interesting enough to keep my attention throughout the story. The character development was a bit slow at times but realistic enough. It has been the first book in a while that I did not rush to finish. I took my time even though I could have rushed to finish just to see what happens. I like to take my time if the book is good.

I am not sure why the title was "Save the Date." By the end of the book, I still did not understand what the title meant. I may have missed something, but "Saving Grace" seems like a more fitting title.

I was a bit confused with the character of Julian and his relationship with Clare. They reminded me of Karen and Jack in the old sitcom Will and Grace. I am not sure how his character added to the storyline, and for me, he was more a distraction.


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower! thanks for the great review. I've seen this book but I hate getting a book without a good recommendation. Please stop by Cammo Style Love!

    Rheanna @ Cammo Style Love
    http://www.cammostylelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete