Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Real Skinny on Losing It

Thank Michelle to putting into words what I have felt for so long but could not seem to say out loud. Sometimes, I felt like she was talking right to me. There were times that even though the truth hurt, it was more convicting than condemning.

Michelle shares her many ups and downs of weight loss, and what finally worked for her. It really is not a quick fix and will take a lot of hard work. I appreciate this honesty and feel like I can relate better to someone who has tried and failed and got back on her feet to try again.

One truth hit me like a 2x4 which said "Comparison is false shame....Comparing ourselves always leads to dissatisfaction" (p. 15). I am still trying to process how much I compare myself and how quickly that leads to false shame and dissatisfaction.

This is a great book for anyone and everyone who struggles with their weight.


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must mention that Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment