Thursday, December 23, 2010

Love on Assignment

I had forgotten that I read Love on a Dime, the first novel written by Cara Lynn James. The characters from Love on a Dime make an appearance but are not so much a part of the story that you need to read it first.

I like the theme of forgiveness. No matter our mistakes, God forgives us and we can forgive ourselves. The characters in the story demonstrate forgiveness for each other and for themselves.

Like the first novel, this book is about 50 pages too long. I found myself skimming paragraphs as I wanted to story to move on and not just cycle back through indecision and hesitation. The story came to climax on page 287 of 296 and rushed to an end in the next 10 pages. I felt like the middle of the book was too slow while the end of the book was too fast.



To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment