Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Invasion

The storyline was smooth and the main characters were realistic; however, I got stuck with the believability of the story even though it is science fiction. It seems that this book was a comic book in the form of a novel.

I did not like this book probably because of the expectation I had that is was Christian fiction. What started out as weird turned to absurd and then to completely outlandish.

I read this book expecting a young adult thriller only to find that it was science fiction beyond belief. I am surprised that Thomas Nelson published this book. There is not an ounce of faith in the story. There is a nugget of good vs. evil; however, even the good uses evil means to get its way.

If you like science fiction, this is a well written story, but it is not a book to encourage, inspire, or even promote the Christian faith.

To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment