Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Truth of the Matter

I did not read The Last Thing I Remember or The Long Way Home, so I started in this third book of The Homelanders series by Andrew Klavan. It was not hard to catch up with the back story while keeping up with the fast-paced life of Charlie West. Usually, I prefer to start at the beginning of a series, but I got the chance to read this book and wanted to get started right away.

I enjoyed this book and am glad I can share it with my son. It is hard to find good books for young men. My son had read all the books in the Magic Tree House series the summer before his fourth grade year. Now that he is in sixth grade, we are finding very few books that are interesting and appropriate. He likes to read, but there is so little out there for him. He does not like wizards or mummies, so his choices are limited. I am glad for this series as it is interesting, action-packed, and entertaining. I like that it is not overly violent or has sexual charged scenes. It's just a good read. Thank you, Andrew Klavan, for writing good fiction.

To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment