Saturday, November 27, 2010

Stories Behind of the Greatest Hits of Christmas

This was a great book to read at the start of the holiday season. I enjoyed reading about the many songs of Christmas and the history of how these songs came to be.

I am not well versed in music (pun intended) so the technical aspects of music was over my head. Since no chapter was longer than 7 pages, it was an easy read. I agree with another reviewer that having lyrics printed in the book for each song would have been a nice addition. Instead, I found myself singing the songs in my head. Maybe in the iPod version of this book, you could buy the book and the music together. That would be a fun interactive experience!

The history of Silent Night is a great story, and I am glad the author, Ace Collins, saved it for the last chapter. It was great way to end the book.


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Zondervan has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment