Monday, November 8, 2010

First Things First

I am married to a football fan and keep up with the highlights in support of my husband, but I really did not know much about Kurt Warner before reading this book. After reading this book, I have a new appreciation for him and for his family.

I like how the book is written. Both Kurt and his wife Brenda add commentary to this autobiography of their amazing family. Yet they are not without struggle so I appreciate their honesty in telling their story.

When they talk about the rules their family follows, I realize that all families have rules. Rule #7 makes me laugh, "Hold hands with a sibling for ten minutes if you can't get along." My friend follows the same rule but uses tape. It's a good illustration to show children that they are bound together by the family bond.

This book is encouraging not because the Warners have all the answers but because they are trying to raise a strong family in a culture that often challenges the family unit. I am impressed with the strength of conviction and the moral uprightness of Kurt and Brenda Warner and their entire family.


Tyndale has given me a free copy of this book to review and has given me freedom to state my own opinions about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment