Sunday, October 3, 2010

City on Our Knees

I just finished reading this terrific book. I have read Jesus Freak and am in the middle of Under God, so I am familiar with books that Toby Mac is involved in. He does not write the book himself (he saves his writing for lyrics), but instead he compiles stories from others who inspire us and encourage us.

My son is excited to read this book, too. We went to a Toby Mac concert last year, and I am grateful that my middle school son is singing lyrics that are building and encouraging. Some of the music his friends listen to is questionable. This book will encourage him to be more than just a believer but to live out his faith.

To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Bethany House has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

3 comments:

  1. Great review! I also received a review copy of this book from Bethany House. Haven't read it yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate! I think you will enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 17 yo daughter is a Toby Mac fan....I'll have to get a copy of this book for her, perhaps for Christmas! ;-)

    ReplyDelete