Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The One Year Mother Daughter Devo

I was excited when I saw this 1-year devotional to share with my daughter. It is definitely for a tween girl and her mom; however some of the content may be too juvenile for a girl who is 10-12 years old. While other content seemed too mature for an 8-9 year old depending on their life experience. For example, on August 21st, the devotion is about beauty and how pictures in magazines are airbrushed and enhanced. I do not have fashion magazines in my house or allow my daughter to look at such publications. So this day, I would probably skip the devotion. On another day (February 16), the lesson is on how God will take care of us like a cat who had kittens. The last line says, "Little lamb, don't be afraid. He's carrying you close to his heart."

So I guess it is hit or miss if this devotional is good for you and your daughter. I am just glad that there is something like this for mothers and daughters to share.

The book provides a 1 page devotion for each day of the year. This makes it non-threatening as my daughter and I can pick it up and read a day but not be lost if we miss a day or two. Life gets busy and we do not need more things on our to-do list. Instead, this devotion encourages us to be, not do, more.


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Tyndale has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment