Monday, September 20, 2010

Deceit

It has been a while since I have stayed up late to finish a book. I was about halfway through Deceit when I could not put it down. I just had to find out what happened. Luckily, it was weekend, and I was able to sleep in the next morning. I lost sleep to finish reading the book but not because it was too scary.

I love a page-turner, and this was a great page-turner. The story was a little slow in the beginning as there were a few characters that I needed to get to know, yet the author did not keep me waiting for the action. The story was told from both the present and from the past. As the reader learned of the current situation, the back story was also being told. I found myself skipping ahead in order to find out more of the past but still wanting to keep up with the present story.

This was a fantastic book. I highly recommend it as long as you have time to stay up late to finish reading the book!


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Zondervan has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,
    I see that you are a keen book reviewer, would you consider reviewing my books?

    http://kingsdaughters21.blogspot.com/p/hopes-journey.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this book is on my TBR list! I'm so jealous that Zondervan sent you a copy! ;)

    ReplyDelete