Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Patton: The Pursuit of Destiny

I am not a big reader of history but I do enjoy a good biography. So I enjoyed this biography and was surprised that I even liked the historical perspective of this book.

Yes, there are many biographies of Patton, so why read this one? The authors, Agostino Von Hassell and Ed Breslin, researched Patton thoroughly and provided readers a balanced understanding of Patton's life. Highlighting the slapping incidents in context helped to understand the extenuating circumstances while not excusing the behavior.

The movie "Patton" created this myth of Patton that was based in truth but not entirely accurate. This book helps us to know Patton, the man and not the myth. I appreciate the honest and real view of Patton's life which included the good, the bad, and the ugly.


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment