Saturday, August 7, 2010

Let's Do Lunch by Roger Troy Wilson

I have not read chapters 2-6 three times like the author suggested, but I am amazed at his weight loss story. He learned how to eat and to enjoy eating until he was satisfied. It is a great way to eat to live instead of living to eat.

I had an ah-ha moment on page 68, "Sugar may have no fat grams, but in your body sugar turns to pure fat, and food with sugar in it causes extreme cravings for all the wrong foods." Now I know why even with a low fat diet, I couldn't lose weight. It really is about eating the right foods, yet not about total deprivation.

The book is not very long and is easy to read. It reminds me of the Weigh Down Diet from the 90's. We would all be better if we only ate when we are hungry and if we satisfied our cravings with healthy food.


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment