Saturday, July 17, 2010

Take Four by Karen Kingsbury

Although I have been reading Karen Kingsbury for years, this is the first book that I have reviewed. Zondervan has provided me a copy of the book in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I enjoyed this book as much as I have the rest of the Above the Line series. Even though many of the characters are believers in Christ, they face real life issues. Some struggle with their faith. Others fall into sin. Acceptance, forgiveness, and love are all in the book but not without some tough challenges and difficulties. I can relate to the story line as the book is true to life.

Since this is my fair and honest review, I have to be honest and admit I was confused about the timeline in the story. Chapter 14 opens with "Veteran's Day turned out to be the warmest in October..." Wait a minute, Veteran's Day is in . It commemorates the signing of the armistice to end World War 1 on the 11th day of the 11th month at the 11th hour. Anyhow, I thought that October was a typo, but the rest of the storyline does not make sense if she meant November.

And if I'm going to mention timing of things, at the end of the story, it was mentioned that a spring semester in college starts in March. As far as I remember, college semesters start in January and maybe as late as early February, but not March. Since this book mirrors life, I would like all these details to be real, too. Just my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment