Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cast of Characters by Max Lucado

If you have never read a book by Max Lucado before then this is a great place to start. This book contains excerpts from previous books. Each chapter is a profile of a Biblical character. The profile reminds us that even these heroes of the Bible, Joseph, Moses, John, and Paul, to name a few, all had flaws and struggles. The more you look at people like Mary, Martha, Esther, and Sarah the more you realize that they are human like you and me. God does not chose extraordinary people. Instead God uses ordinary people to do some extraordinary things.

I have always enjoyed the writings of Max Lucado, and this book did not disappoint. I need to be reminded that these great people of the Bible are only great because they serve a great God!



To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment