Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sarah's Garden by Kelly Long

I have read quite a few books from the Amish genre already. I read the Beverly Lewis series, Heritage of Lancaster County, 10 years ago. Since then the market has been saturated with Amish fiction. So I was pleasantly surprised with this book.

The story focuses on Sarah King, but she is not the only one in the story who learns a wunderbaar lesson in trusting Der Herr. Sarah, Grant, and even the Fisher family learn to trust God and to return to truth. It is a lesson that we all need reminding.

This is the first book in the series entitled "A Patch of Heaven." The next book, Lilly's Wedding Quilt is due out in April 2011. I look forward to reading more in this series.


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment