Monday, June 21, 2010

Hunter's Moon by Don Hoesel

Instead of writing about the book, I decided to write about how I felt while reading the book...

Initially, I had a hard time understanding who all the characters were and how they were related or connected to each other in this small New York town of Adelia. I was 100 pages into the book before I could remember and connect who all the characters are.

After 300 pages, I was waiting for the main character to deal with all his issues. It was like c'mon already, let's get on with it.

By the end of the story, I was left unsatisfied. I still did not understand the motives of certain characters. I get what happen but not why. I wonder if that means there will be a sequel or if the author just left some things unresolved. Either way, it feels like I ate Chinese for dinner and am hungry an hour later.

As far as the Christian part of the book, the guy went to church a few times, but I did not read anything about his faith or trying to live his faith. A good suspense but not a Christian suspense.


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Bethany House has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. I also must say that the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment