Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hand of Fate by Lis Wiehl

I was so excited to read this book, the second in the Triple Threat series. I read the first book last year, Face of Betrayal which was a great debut book for Lis Weihl. Hand of Fate just as good.

The three women of the Triple Threat Club face more struggles with contemporary issues in this novel. The story reads fast and often I wanted to quickly move onto the next chapter to see what happens next. The drama is much like the shows we see on TV as well as are the characters. Yet, no matter who you are, life is hard. We get the chance to see these women face challenges, go through the struggle, and overcome.

The book in not Christian fiction per se but it is a clean story with nods to Allison's faith. She is the only one who has a faith and hopes to witness to her friends but is not pushy or overly religious. Her faith reminds me that we need to light in a dark world and to be kind and gentle as we shine that light.



To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment