Sunday, April 25, 2010

Friendship for Grown-ups by Lisa Whelchel

As a child I grew up watching Lisa Whelchel as the love-to-hate Blair on "The Facts of Life." As a young mom, I was inspired by Lisa and followed her on her website and blog. This book shed some light on a part of Lisa that she has never shared before.

I have had many friends but never analyzed my friendships or the lack thereof. Lisa took the time to look at her own friendships and how these relationships lacked depth because of the wall she built up to protect herself from getting hurt. She recognized what she was doing to prevent herself from having deeper friendships, and she took the time and energy necessary to overcome her shortcomings.

I had been following her blog regularly and noticed a sudden lack of updates. I stopped checking her blog. This book explains what was going on in her life and in her heart. I admire her ability to be vulnerable even in admitting her own mistakes.

To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment