Monday, March 8, 2010

What Your Son Isn't Tellling You

by Michael Ross and Susie Shellenberger

As a mother of a preteen boy, I need all the help I can get to understand him and what he is going through. This book did gave me a ton of information about the many issues that teen boys face today. No issue is off limits and the authors tell it to you straight up. There is no question that boys today face significant challenges, and it will not be easy for young men to stay faithful and true.

The authors mention early on in the book how communicating with a teen/tween boy is not easy. These boys do not talk much and do not listen well. I have certainly experience that. However, the authors then spend the rest of the book sharing with the reader all the things boys struggle with and how we, as moms, need to talk to our sons to help them overcome. I find it confusing to be told that in order to help my son, I need to talk with him more yet communicating effectively is where we struggle.

The most eye-opening thing I read was on page 15, "In this day and age of high-tech toys and low-tech values, sin is packaged, downloaded, and made accessible to the masses as never before." If that doesn't put us on our knees to pray for our sons and for the men in our lives, I don't know what will.


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Bethany House has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment