Friday, March 19, 2010

Never Say Never by Lisa Wingate

Drama, romance, and a little bit of laughter is found in this book which falls under the genre of chick lit.

I can't say that I enjoyed reading this book. It took over 100+ pages for character development and background. I stuck it out in order to get to the enjoyable part,and during the next 100+ pages, I started to enjoy the story only to be frustrated by the turn of events in the last 100+ pages.

It seemed the writer took too long writing the back story that the conclusion of the book felt rushed. What the characters did at the end of the story did not support the character development at the beginning of the story.

Also, there were too many characters in the story. I was so confused about who the story was about. I am still not sure who the protagonist is. I think both Kai and Donetta experienced life changing situations, but neither one of them seemed to be plausible characters in real life. Instead of writing 2 books about 2 women, it was one book about both women that did not really allow the development of either woman to really progress.


To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that while Bethany House has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review, the opinions are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment