Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Revolved 2010

As a mother of a preteen, I want to be aware of what is out there for my children. I am grateful that they have access to Bibles and Christian literature that was not available to me at that age.

Revolve 2010 is a new testament in the New Century Version. I prefer the New International Version, but this NCV is readable and relateable in today's culture.

This Biblezine is an interesting method of getting the Word into the hands of teenagers. I like the size and structure because it feels more like a magazine and less like a book. It is lightweight and easy to carry. This will make it easier to tote around and more likely to be used. I am grateful for anything that encourages the reading of God's Word.

The columns and added bits of the information in the Biblezine was interesting but not necessarily deep in theology. This presentation of the Bible is a good place to start for someone who is just starting to read God's Word. This would not be good for someone who wants in-depth Bible study. I would recommend the New Inductive Study Bible from Precepts Ministries for deeper study into God's Word.

To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, I must post that Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment