Thursday, January 14, 2010

When the Game Was Ours by Larry Bird and Earvin Magic Johnson with Jackie MacMullan

Growing up in Massachusetts in the 1980's means that I am a die hard Celtics fan. Growing up in a suburb of Springfield, Massachusetts where basketball began means I have a deed appreciation for the sport. I was intrigued by the story of Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

I never truly understood what made the men who played the game so great. It was a combination of talent and hard work as well as the kind of competition that makes you play even harder. That is what Magic Johnson and Larry Bird did for each other. Both were great players who played hard, but it was because of the competition that they played even harder and became basketball greats. They are why the NBA is around today.

I hope to share this book with my dad who taught me how to play basketball and shares in my love for the Celtics.

No comments:

Post a Comment