Sunday, September 27, 2009

Seaside Letters: A Nantucket Love Story by Denise Hunter

Being from New England, I thought I would enjoy this book. I have fond memories of vacationing at the Cape and know the charm of the islands.

The storyline is similar to "You've Got Mail" and I can almost picture Meg Ryan playing Sabrina/Sweetpea and Tom Hanks as Tucker. The difference is that he knows who she is and she knows who he is but she doesn't know what he is. Confusing? Not so much especially since the reader is aware of this he knows/she knows/he knows she knows situation within the first 15 pages of the book. So as a reviewer, I haven't spoiled anything. As a reader, all I wanted for for her to know that he knows so that they could live happily ever after.

The pace of the book was slow as I just wanted to two characters to realize that they were in love. The best part of the book was the ending, but it took 300 pages to get there. If you like a good ending, then the 300 page was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment